Sunday, March 26, 2017

Week 8

The concept of the Vassolar et al. paper was a little interesting to me due to the focus on how a mal parent’s actions can affect the offspring. I think, generally speaking, when it comes to parents and drugs, the mothers are always the topic of discussion. You really only hear of people making sure mothers are cautious not to drink alcohol while pregnant. There’s always discussion of mother’s who did drugs while pregnant and how that affects the offspring but no one really talks about the fathers. Initially, the lack of discussion about the fathers in this sense, made sense because they aren’t housing the offspring in their bodies. Therefore, this paper was a bit of a surprise to me as to the fact that people do this research as well as that there are actually translated effects of the paternal parent’s actions. Aside from that, I didn’t find the paper all that cool.


The Holly et al. paper was pretty boring and tough to pay attention to. Well they both were really. I like how the papers brought to light some sex differences but I just didn’t really take away much from this. Not sure how, but I expected reading about cocaine and its effects to be exciting but that was not the case. The findings of both papers seemed valid and applicable though, so I can’t really fault them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment